Monday, February 27, 2017

Make it Monday #276

Hi everyone! Just a quick post for a challenge...

Happy Monday... if that's possible! :) One of things that I do look forward to at the start of each week is PTI's Make it Monday. This week's was fun and introduced me to a technique that I never would have dreamed up: colored pencils on kraft paper. At first when I watched the MIM #276 video from Melissa, I thought, "Aren't the pencils going to fade out on the paper?" But they don't - yay! It's actually a really nice way to make the colors pop against the brown tones of the paper.

So here's my take on this week's challenge:


I really LOVE the "What the Doodle" series from PTI and thought the feather would be a good way to incorporate a Papertrey product into the card. The details on this feather image are so beautifully designed, and it's great for coloring! Hope you like the final design, and have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty Michelle! Love how you colored the feather! Great take on the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Michelle! That feather is perfectly coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely card Michelle! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This "What the Doodle" stamp is perfect for this technique. I love the muted tones of color with the kraft. A really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so lovely and that feather is beautiful. I love the What the Doodle series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorful frather is so pretty, sweet card!

    ReplyDelete