Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year, New Blog!

Happy 2016 :) I've decided to expand my stamping projects with a blog! I hope this will help me connect with more fellow stampers and also be a better place to share my cards. Welcome! Be sure to check back often for updates.

I started stamping and cardmaking after an invitation to a card class from a friend who owned a bookstore and offered the classes at her shop. Sad to say, the store has since closed (I'm still mourning!), but we continue our cardmaking discussions and time together. I am so glad to have a local friend to share this hobby with, along with so many design teams, bloggers, and social media pages that I find inspiration from!

So... for a first project to share with you all, I am participating in Papertrey Ink's weekly Make It Monday #235. I used markers instead of OMS or colored pencils to add additional color to the stamped images, but I think this still worked for the challenge!




This was a simple card to do! I actually loved the technique so much that I made several other cards so I'll have some ready for gift sets when needed.

I started with a white card and scored some lines on the bottom 2/3 of the card. They're hard to see in the photo, but they add some added texture and interest. Next, I drew large blobs of the purple and blue colors with markers. I used PTI stamp set "Make It Market Mini Kit: Garden Gild" for the flowers and leaves, along with PTI stamp set "Scripted" for the text. I also used Ranger inks blue ribbon, grape soda, and black tie. I stamped the flowers on top of the large color blobs and then fussy-cut them out. I stamped the text and leaves on the card first, then glued the flowers on top. I added a few small white gems for embellishments. That's it! The card took less than 10 minutes. So simple!

I think you could change the sentiment and colors to fit many different occasions, seasons, holidays, etc. It's so good to have such a versatile technique to have for any reason!

Has anyone else participated in this week's Make it Monday? I'd love to see your project!

Thanks for checking out my first cardmaking blog post - stay tuned for more updates to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment