Sunday, January 31, 2016

Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit "Sweetheart"

One of my favorite cardmaking products is the monthly Simon Says Stamp card kits. I've tried a few different kits from a variety of companies, and I think SSS is the best! They include papers, card stock, stamps, dies, embellishments, and more that all coordinate but also can be used on their own. I think by the time I went out and bought all of these items separately, the cost would be more than the kit. There is a small discount for subscribing monthly to the kit (this is what I do - saves you about $5). Plus, they're fast with shipping/delivery, too!

And since my kit was recently delivered, I didn't waste any time trying it out. Below is the kit, as well as a recent card:






I wanted to do something related to Valentines Day that could also be used throughout the year. That's part of why I like so many of the sentiments in this kit - you can get more use out of them than sayings for just one day.

 
The sentiment, paper, and sequins are all from the kit. The punched shape for the sentiment and black ink were not included. You could definitely do something like this on your own, even if you don't have a punch like the one above. Use a different shape, or even use a simple rectangle.

Can't say enough good things about the SSS monthly card kits! Already excited to see what next month brings...

 

Materials


Paper - white card and envelope (Hobby Lobby), white card stock and patterned papers (Simon Says Stamp card kit)

Inks - Black Memento (Hobby Lobby)

Embossing - embossing folder (personal gift)

Punch - shape punch (Hobby Lobby)

Embellishments - heart sequins (Simon Says Stamp card kit), Recollections pink marker (personal gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment